Boards Index Chat rooms – the forum communities Chat forum two boards 3 strikes and your out for benefit fraud

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

what do people think about the three strikes and your out! I personally think it’s about time something was done to combat benefit fraud, people living with partners and claiming as a single parent, people claiming disability benefits that are not genuinely in need of it! the list is endless……..however i also think the government needs to address tax evasion, they complain about how much benefit fraud cost this country when in fact tax evasion cost the country a lot more! :roll:

If you’re caught committing fraud in your job it’s instant dismissal and maybe police involvement and/or being taken to court depending on the extent of the fraud.

Since some people seem to see claiming benefits as a job in its own right (and I’m not talking genuine claimants here, I mean the “professional” claimants) then if you’re caught knowingly committing benefit fraud it should be 1 strike and you’re out.

Harsh maybe, but fair I think.

@cosy.m wrote:

yes but frauding the government is ajob,in a way,for some ppl
    its an art form,and takes a lot of cunning,guile,and planning
    so the longer you do it,the better you get at it
    not that id know like :lol:

As I said, 1 strike and you’re out.

Said the slaves :lol: 8)

@jen_jen wrote:

If you’re caught committing fraud in your job it’s instant dismissal and maybe police involvement and/or being taken to court depending on the extent of the fraud.

Since some people seem to see claiming benefits as a job in its own right (and I’m not talking genuine claimants here, I mean the “professional” claimants) then if you’re caught knowingly committing benefit fraud it should be 1 strike and you’re out.

Harsh maybe, but fair I think.

I quite agree infact I agree totally …………being given chances in this country’s economic climate is ridiculous.

@cosy.m wrote:

look from feudal times,serfdom,wat tyler in 1214
    ppl taking the land off,peasants,who were just trying to eke out a living,
    then the bully boys,calling themselves,barons dukes,earls
    and taxing poor peasants till they starved to death cos of the exorbitant taxes
    did it stop there ? no way
    ordinary women burned at the stake for being witches
    or ducking stools on the premise,well if they drown it proves they were a witch
    but if they survived they must be a witch
    why did this happen?
    the poor woman may have a big nose,cross eyed or a wart on her chin
    then came the industrial revolution years later
    changes,sadly no
    the mill owners exploiting children young as five to work
    ww1 ww2,30 million british dead,what for?
    on the governments say so thats why
    so fck the government grab all you can offf the nice guy
    they started it first

That has to be the worst justification for fraud that I have ever read! :lol:

I Claim benefits, I have to, despite the holiday home in Phucket.. ( joke) I feel no guilt whatsover after the amount of taxes etc . I once paid. I dont mind the wee joe on the street maybe working a shift or 2 , to get some extras for his wife and bairns.. bucking the system ? o so what?

WHAT i Do object too is a scheme in Dundee, where the biggest majority is on full DLA, as there is a Nurse living there that fills in their forms for them.So knows what to put and make cramp in the leg sound like a serious illness. NOW thats bad as they are crooks. there is even a joke up here about that scheme..

3 men from scheme sitting in the pub, and in walks Jesus. NUMBER one man has a stutter and buys Jesus a pint. 2ns man with a bad limp follows his friend and buys a pint. 3rd man NEVER worked aday in his puff, grudginly buys Jesus the pint. As jesus goes to leave, he touches the shoulder of the stutterer and as if my magic,, the stutters gone.. same with man NO 2.. his lifelong limp is cured. Man number 3 sees this and becomes violent.. ” get yer hands off me Jesus””..” my son” says Jesus.”I am merely trying to thank you,and cure any ills you may have”. ” get off me jesus” shouts the irate man… IM ON FULL FOOKING DISABILITY”

boom boom:)

@cosy.m wrote:

why did this happen?

Because ” we ” let them. Just as we do today. If i wanna use the herbs in natures own garden, nobody has the right to stop me or anyone else . . .

so fck the government grab all you can offf the nice guy
    they started it first

muzik
    to my ears
    :lol:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!