25 February, 2015 at 2:59 pm #20240
Sick of thinking up things to make for suppers. I need ideas, oh and a good recipe for cup cakes. Would love to make a good red velvet cake.25 February, 2015 at 5:19 pm #524358
150 g butter, softened
150 g sugar
3 eggs, beaten
150 g self-raising flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
For the frosting:
75 g butter, at room temperature
150 g icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
a selection of food colouring, choose your favourite colours
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and pale.
3. Gradually mix in the beaten egg alternating with the flour to stop the mix from curdling. Finally, stir through the vanilla extract and milk.
4. Place 12 paper cupcake cases into a muffin tin and divide the mixture between them.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
6. For the frosting: In a mixing bowl beat the butter with a spoon or spatular until smooth, then start to sift in the icing sugar, stirring regularly. Add the vanilla extract and milk. The frosting should be light and creamy.
7. Mix your chosen food colouring colours into the icing to give an even colour.
8. Once the cupcakes are completely cool, spoon or pipe the icing onto your cupcakes and finish with your chosen decorations. Then allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
25 February, 2015 at 5:20 pm #524359
Supper do you mean late at night or teatime about 6ish?25 February, 2015 at 5:23 pm #524360
Bacon Cheese Loaded Grilled Potatoes
4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 large onion, diced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Sour cream (optional)
Steamed fresh asparagus
Fresh tomato wedges
1. Preheat grill to medium-high or oven to 450°F. Cook bacon in skillet, drain then crumble.
2. Center potatoes and onion on large sheet of non-stick Foil with non-stick (dull) side toward food.
3. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, seasoned salt, chives and cheese.
4. Bring sides of foil up to form packet. Double fold top and ends to seal, making one large foil packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
5. Grill 18 to 20 minutes in covered grill OR bake 30 to 35 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven.
6. While potatoes are cooking, prepare fresh asparagus. Lightly butter and drizzle with lemon juice.
7. Serve potatoes with sour cream if desired. Serve asparagus and tomato wedges on the side.[/b][/color]25 February, 2015 at 5:27 pm #524361
Pork and Snow Pea Microwave Stir-Fry
Pork and Snow Pea Stir Fry
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound boneless pork, cut into ¼ inch strips
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup beef broth
Hot cooked rice
1. In a 2 quart microwave safe glass dish, heat oil at 70% power for 1½ minutes.
2. Add the pork, soy sauce and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
3. Cover and microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
4. Stir in peas and onions. Cover and microwave a 70% power for 2¼ minutes.
5. Combine cornstarch and broth in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth, then gradually stir into pork mixture.
6. Cover and microwave on high for 1½ minutes. Stir.
7. Cover, microwave 3 to 4 minutes longer or until thickened, stirring every minute.
8. Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.[/color]25 February, 2015 at 5:31 pm #524362
Italian Au Gratin Potatoes
1 pound Italian Ground Sausage
16 ounces processed cheese, cubed
1 cup medium chunky salsa
1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
2 pounds potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; crumbling the sausage as it cooks. Drain and set aside.
3. Place cheese in a large microwaveable-safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in sausage and salsa. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.
5. Add the fennel seed, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Carefully fold in potatoes.
6. Spoon mixture into a greased 13×9-inch baking dish.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until hot and golden brown.[/color]18 March, 2015 at 2:21 pm #524363
You can dine on me Moon
Its all hot and spicy with a hint of mint