Boards Index General discussion Off topic chat 2013 unlucky? Why?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

People seem to be cottoning on to the idea that 2013 is unlucky because of the 13 at the end. I even heard of weddings being postponed. But this is all ridiculous.

Even if one is superstitious and believes the number 13 to be unlucky, 2013 is a totally different number. Do people think 31 is unlucky, or 6135? So why 2013?

I’ve been in Hotels with no 13th floor or any rooms numbered 13. Also ships with no number 13 cabins. I find it all a bit spooky so I prefer to consider 13 as a lucky number. Not that it ever has been lucky for me but equally it has never been unlucky either :D

GOD

Bad things happen any day, any month, any year. If things happen when there’s a 13 involved it’s purely coincidental.

Back in the mid 80’s a family friend passed away at a young age on a Friday 13th, so this particular superstition has always stayed with me mainly because it reminds me of the shock of that day, but I know it could just as easily have been Thursday 12th or Saturday 14th.

All months that start on a Sunday will have a friday the 13th. Doesn’t really answer your question does it?

where i live, none of the closes have a number 13 but again it’s got nothing to do with 2013………if you google this it seems that people are disregarding the 2000

In fact there’s no number 13 on our road – our house should be 13 but it’s 15 instead. But that was how it was when me moved in – in fact I call the garden shed no.13 !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!