Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Some people talk a load of pretentious clap trap about art….. there is nothing special about that painting… it was probably bought by some billionaire oil magnate to fuel his ego and show off to his pals…. not because its something he appreciates …. more just so he can say he owns it and within a few short miles of where he stores his treasures there are probably kids dying on the streets.

Its not a great work of art……. but it has become a status symbol…. but there will be idiots who tell you they were moved by it……. hands toy a dulux paint chart to drool over.

thanks Mrs T
    but it’s hardly the only Rothko that has exchanged for millions.

+ I don’t even like him, but still, the fallacious double-standards shown on these boards tonight by regular posters are indeed astounding.

:lol:

@toybulldog wrote:

thanks Mrs T
    but it’s hardly the only Rothko that has exchanged for millions.

And I don’t even like him, but still, the fallacious double-standards shown on these boards tonight by so-called regular posters are indeed astounding.

:lol:

I only see you posting toy…. get a grip

@toybulldog wrote:

@jen_jen wrote:

@toybulldog wrote:

@toybulldog wrote:

Surely criticism should be directed at the buyer and not the long-dead artist ?

I really need to highlight this bit for jen

Perhaps you could highlight where anyone criticised the long-dead artist? This one piece of his work, yes, the artist, no.

Is the missus out tonight?

you’re criticising the artist’s work but not the artist ?
    while not engaging in a personal attack ?

really, and . . . . erm, . . . really ??

shame on you !

Oh no, shame on you [-X

I have said this particular piece leaves me cold, I haven’t said what I think of the rest of the artist’s work…and no, criticising one piece of someone’s work is not a personal attack, I would like to think that the artist is so much more than just one painting, wouldn’t you? Or do you take each criticism of your own work, whatever that is, as a personal attack?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

omg it just gets better

jen, you’re really gonna have to show me which works of tripartite block painting you’re in favour of while discriminating against which blocks of tripartite painting that really get your goat, as so many of them reach millions on the open market

And then, but not until, can we progress this further I guess

Ah…you haven’t looked at his earlier work then, pre the block painting…figures. :roll:

and are you seriously saying I need bring your partner into this abstract and essentially meaningless discussion, as you have jen ?

jaysus, and shame on you

@jen_jen wrote:

Ah…you haven’t looked at his earlier work then, pre the block painting… :

well i’m waiting to be educated, but you seem a bit addicted to avoiding the subject ?

art is in the eye of the beholder………..what i like , you wont like, what you see, I can’t appreciate

I take that as a no you haven’t looked at his earlier work then.
    It’s out there, just a few presses of the appropriate keys on your keyboard is all it takes…

Feel free to bring my partner into it…I only mentioned yours as I assumed you must be sitting alone at home, bored, hence gracing us with your illustrious presence, browbeating us with your superior wit and intelligence…oh sorry, I was confusing you with someone else. As you were.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 47 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!