Viewing 10 posts - 231 through 240 (of 249 total)
  • Author

@tinks wrote:

:D

Go get ’em!

I am watching awaiting Take that !! I am sure i read they were closing the bliddy thing. !

well i think the olympics have been a blinding success overall, wasnt so keen on the closing ceremony but other than that, think we should be proud of the competitors, and the people who brought it all together including all the volunteers =D> =D>

ah here they are..

@(f)politics? wrote:

well i think the olympics have been a blinding success overall, wasnt so keen on the closing ceremony but other than that, think we should be proud of the competitors, and the people who brought it all together including all the volunteers =D> =D>

missed most of the closing ceremony getting the guests here inebriated , then watching the firework display after the annual dog and bird show (don’t ask lol) but have enjoyed the whole thing on the beeb – so errrrrr take that

Roger Daltrey can still belt it out – just wish the other OAP ‘rockstars’ who can’t would give up

@j_in_france wrote:

Roger Daltrey can still belt it out

Who? :D

@panda12 wrote:

@j_in_france wrote:

Roger Daltrey can still belt it out

Who? :D

half of lol

I can whisper or shout, but I am so glad it’s over.

I’m always glad when th Olympics is over; have found it boring since sitting on front of the telly in 1960 watching it. I find it even more boring than the World Cup.

As a display of British kitsch organised by the master, Danny Boyle, it was unparallelled – keep at it and we can put the North Koreans to shame, though the Chinese will always have us beat in orchestrated moves because of sheer number of people.

The British also took a good share of medals, and if I liked spectator sport I guess I may feel quite proud, as poli does.

But I don’t. And, not liking sport, it has been a bit of an ordeal.

Survived it, though – phew

so far :-#

is it all over?

Viewing 10 posts - 231 through 240 (of 249 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!