Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)
  • Author

@tinks wrote:

is it all over?

Yes Tinks its safe to come out now

Sits patiently and waits :D

:shock:

So our final magnificent tally of medals

Great Britain & N. Ireland

29 Gold

17 Silver

19 Bronze

Totaling 62 Glorious Medals...

Well Done Team GB

Didnt they do well!!

:D :D :D

@mrs_teapot wrote:

So our final magnificent tally of medals

Great Britain & N. Ireland

29 Gold

17 Silver

19 Bronze

Totaling 62 Glorious Medals...

Well Done Team GB

Didnt they do well!!

:D :D :D

Tsk.
    How blusteringly jingoistic of you!!

:wink:

Seriously though.. Well done to all the athletes!

Paralympics next…unfortunately the coverage is with Channel 4, and I’m not quite sure why the daily highlights programme is fronted by an Australian comedian other than “he co-hosted the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s live coverage of the opening and closing Ceremonies of the Paralympic Games in Beijing, impressing audiences with his knowledge as well as his irreverent observations”…oh and he has a prosthetic leg…but there you go.

In the Beijing Paralympics GB won 42 golds, obviously they hope to win even more on home turf. Hopefully we as a nation will wave the flag just as much for our Paralympians (if not more) as we have for our Olympians. :D

@jen_jen wrote:

Paralympics next…unfortunately the coverage is with Channel 4, and I’m not quite sure why the daily highlights programme is fronted by an Australian comedian other than “he co-hosted the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s live coverage of the opening and closing Ceremonies of the Paralympic Games in Beijing, impressing audiences with his knowledge as well as his irreverent observations”…oh and he has a prosthetic leg…but there you go.

In the Beijing Paralympics GB won 42 golds, obviously they hope to win even more on home turf. Hopefully we as a nation will wave the flag just as much for our Paralympians (if not more) as we have for our Olympians. :D

Im glad of the two weeks break jen but yes I will be watching and waving the flag :D

I dont know if i can wait two weeks for another 25m rapid fire pistol competition.I might have to start shooting people in here at random.

@a certain sadness wrote:

I dont know if i can wait two weeks for another 25m rapid fire pistol competition.I might have to start shooting people in here at random.

lets have some fun acs

anc

@tinks wrote:

@a certain sadness wrote:

lets have some fun acs

oi! hang on a mo you two, I gotta ‘para’chute – not sure which country to aim for – over to Nicey and Knitty to let me know! :lol:

Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!