Boards Index General discussion Getting serious 8 out of 10 white people tempted to vote BNP

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Make my mind up Slayer !!!!!!!!!! YOu’re the one that voices all sides of the argument in your posts and never comes to a conclusion

All I’m saying – If you want to live in this country – learn the language , abide by the laws and make an alliegance to the flag .

I have nothing at all against anyone for the colour of the skin – I have loads of mates who folks would class as coloureds
    I do have a problem though with Britain hating religious fanatics who are harboured in mosques in this country

The problem is nowadays you can’t have an opinion without being labelled racist , homophobic , or whatever . The whole things turned too far the feelings and
    the traditions of the minorities – ethnic or whatever – are looked after disproportionately by the pc brigade – there is no effort on their behalf to assimilate to this country’s ways

It boils my p1ss – pardon the expression – when schools stop Xmas parties , and ban nursery rhymes , when jews complain about the smell of bacon and eggs from a B & B – this is England these are our ways – of you don’t like it you don;t have to stay

I would say my post was pretty conclusive and one sided but feel free to disagree-

Winter festivities instead of Xmas, not waving the flag etc is all boll/ox- but it is s/od all to do with minorities- it is to do with mainly white bureaucrats who THINK these things will upset a minority group within our country without actually asking them.

30 years ago using the words “nignog”, “sambo” and “jungle bunny” were considered “funny”, “inoffensive” and “just a laugh”- that was the opinion of the age. If you find you can’t say anything without being labelled a racist or homophobic, perhaps you should look at what you’re saying (conclusive enough for you!)- assimilation is a two way street- if you expect people to adapt to “our way of life”- try and meet them half way, and learn theirs too- we’ve just had a Polish shop open up not far from me, first in the whole city….and guess what, my world didnt end because of it.

Mosques harbouring Britain hating terrorists, Catholic churches harbouring Britain hating terrorists! No difference- different decade, different church, same hatred.

Cas

Someone else mentioned a little while a go, a programme that used to be on TV several years ago now, I can’t remember who it was, it was called ”Love Thy Neighbour” it was hilariously funny. The jokes were on both sides, black and white, no one took offence, it was all in good fun, on both!! sides.

It wouldn’t be tolerated now, which is a great shame

I watched it the other week Cas…hilarious but very tongue in cheek :lol:

@emmalush wrote:

If only our political masters from past and present governmnets thought of our long term future rather than their short term pockets, regardless of the harm they bring to every day joe in the street.

Its about time we educated the labour and tory voters.

“Political masters”?! :roll:

Surely you mean our democratically elected leaders?

Apart from the problems you must experience with
    immigrants due to your attitude; I’d like to know
    how immigration is impacting adversely on your life.

@cas wrote:

Someone else mentioned a little while a go, a programme that used to be on TV several years ago now, I can’t remember who it was, it was called ”Love Thy Neighbour” it was hilariously funny. The jokes were on both sides, black and white, no one took offence, it was all in good fun, on both!! sides.

You can’t know many non white people then Cas- this was a show for a time- it was funny in the 70’s but it says more about our society today that people consider it a shame it’s not around now-

Cas

@slayer wrote:

@cas wrote:

You can’t know many non white people then Cas- this was a show for a time- it was funny in the 70’s but it says more about our society today that people consider it a shame it’s not around now-

I know plenty ‘non-whites’ as you put it slayer, I work with them, I have to deal with people daily of all colour/creed/religion etc. It doesn’t really matter to me the colour of a persons skin, it matters more about the person themselves.

I’m sorry that you appear to have taken offence to my meaning, it certainly wasn’t meant to offend. I think people had more of a sense of humour then maybe, than they do now :roll:

No offence hun, I too find it funny when I look back at it- just like Benny Hill, On the Buses and It Ain’t Half Hot mum- they’re still have the ability to be funny in places but I couldn’t imagine them coming back now cos society has moved on.

In a way they remind me of the classic adverts of the 50’s, when you had the woman was seen as the cook, cleaner and who “did” for her husband, she needed the latest twin tub or the latest bottle of Daz- those adverts make me laugh so much but you would never ever want such a condescending type of advert around today- women have managed to move on from the subservient , junior and unequal role of only 50 years ago to being an equal part of todays society- well, almost equal :wink: :lol:

But they wouldnt make a new series with the same tone as they did in the 70’s – it was a different era, an era in some ways more innocent and in some ways more ignorant –

What some people don’t realize is that the first generation of an immigrant family might take crap off bigots in an effort to fit in and not to cause a fuss. But with the 2nd generation who were born here and consider themselves British, they won’t tolerate the crap that their parents took off people. The bigotry of 20 or 30 years ago is less acceptable than it was back then due to a more enlightened younger generation both white and non-white.

People who constantly whinge about “political correctness” and “playing the race card” really have no clue about what goes on in society. If they were to live a week as a non white person in many parts of the country, they’d soon realize that racism is far more serious than they had ever imagined. The “rights for whites” brigade are severely out of touch with reality.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 55 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!