Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 2,221 through 2,230 (of 5,272 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #125927

    whoooooooo hooooooooooo
    tis time to dance
    to prance to live
    a bit of a lift
    does this thing give
    ermmmm
    alcohol!!! with some dark stick stuff
    lol maybe this poem should end?
    enough?

    hell no!!
    lets not waste this moment
    the one thats been bought to me
    on a wing
    on a very large
    bacardi
    or maybe several

    lets not waste this euphoria
    the one that you just know
    will be regretted
    when the morning comes
    but…..

    for now lets dance
    lets sing
    lets rejoice the feeling
    the one that lets all barriers drop
    the one that never lets in a strop

    lets dance my freind and sod the hips
    as i sing to you between the sips
    hey this poem almost rhymes!!!

    #125926

    shall i give in to this hollow feeling
    shall i let the loneliness i feel take over
    shall li let the demons take my very soul
    oh nooooooo sod off you all lets go!!

    lets go. lets live the years that are fewer
    in front of me than behind me
    sod off you demons
    that threaten my very being
    so sod it, your soulmate
    is not
    is not
    is not to be
    just yet

    lets go
    lets live
    sod off you demons
    so sod it
    your prince
    is not be
    just yet

    live and go
    just like
    the stuff that passes
    for real food
    from yer maccy d’s
    from yer chucks wiv colonels D ,
    live your life
    for death
    is not to be
    just yet

    #139603

    We’ve just been introduced,
    I do not know you well,
    But when the music started
    Something drew me to your side.

    So many men and girls,
    Are in each others arms.
    It made me think we might be
    Similarly occupied.

    Shall we dance?
    On a bright cloud of music shall we fly?
    Shall we dance?
    Shall we then say “Goodnight and mean “Goodbye”?
    Or perchance,
    When the last little star has left the sky,
    Shall we still be together
    With are arms around each other
    And shall you be my new romance?
    On the clear understanding
    That this kind of thing can happen,
    Shall we dance?
    Shall we dance?
    Shall we Dance?
    Shall we dance?

    on a bright cloud of music shall we fly?
    Shall we dance?
    Shall we then say “Goodnight and mean “Goodbye”?
    Or perchance,
    When the last little star has left the sky,
    Shall we still be together
    With are arms around each other
    And shall you be my new romance?
    On the clear understanding
    That this kind of thing can happen,

    Shall we dance? Shall we dance? Shall we Dance?

    #139602

    On February 3, 1959, a small-plane crash near Clear Lake, Iowa, United States, killed three popular American rock and roll musicians: Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and Jiles Perry Richardson (The Big Bopper), as well as the pilot, Roger Peterson. The day was later called The Day the Music Died by Don McLean in his song, “American Pie”.
    A long, long time ago…
    I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile.
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And, maybe, they?d be happy for a while.

    But february made me shiver
    With every paper I?d deliver.
    Bad news on the doorstep;
    I couldn?t take one more step.

    I can?t remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.

    So bye-bye, miss american pie.
    Drove my chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    And them good old boys were drinkin? whiskey and rye
    Singin?, “this?ll be the day that I die.
    “this?ll be the day that I die.”

    Did you write the book of love,
    And do you have faith in God above,
    If the Bible tells you so?
    Do you believe in rock ?n roll,
    Can music save your mortal soul,
    And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

    Well, I know that you?re in love with him
    `cause I saw you dancin? in the gym.
    You both kicked off your shoes.
    Man, I dig those rhythm and blues.

    I was a lonely teenage broncin? buck
    With a pink carnation and a pickup truck,
    But I knew I was out of luck
    The day the music died.

    I started singin?,
    “bye-bye, miss american pie.”
    Drove my chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    Them good old boys were drinkin? whiskey and rye
    And singin?, “this?ll be the day that I die.
    “this?ll be the day that I die.”

    Now for ten years we?ve been on our own
    And moss grows fat on a rollin? stone,
    But that?s not how it used to be.
    When the jester sang for the king and queen,
    In a coat he borrowed from james dean
    And a voice that came from you and me,

    Oh, and while the king was looking down,
    The jester stole his thorny crown.
    The courtroom was adjourned;
    No verdict was returned.
    And while lennon read a book of marx,
    The quartet practiced in the park,
    And we sang dirges in the dark
    The day the music died.

    We were singing,
    “bye-bye, miss american pie.”
    Drove my chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    Them good old boys were drinkin? whiskey and rye
    And singin?, “this?ll be the day that I die.
    “this?ll be the day that I die.”

    Helter skelter in a summer swelter.
    The birds flew off with a fallout shelter,
    Eight miles high and falling fast.
    It landed foul on the grass.
    The players tried for a forward pass,
    With the jester on the sidelines in a cast.

    Now the half-time air was sweet perfume
    While the sergeants played a marching tune.
    We all got up to dance,
    Oh, but we never got the chance!
    `cause the players tried to take the field;
    The marching band refused to yield.
    Do you recall what was revealed
    The day the music died?

    We started singing,
    “bye-bye, miss american pie.”
    Drove my chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    Them good old boys were drinkin? whiskey and rye
    And singin?, “this?ll be the day that I die.
    “this?ll be the day that I die.”

    Oh, and there we were all in one place,
    A generation lost in space
    With no time left to start again.
    So come on: jack be nimble, jack be quick!
    Jack flash sat on a candlestick
    Cause fire is the devil?s only friend.

    Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
    My hands were clenched in fists of rage.
    No angel born in hell
    Could break that satan?s spell.
    And as the flames climbed high into the night
    To light the sacrificial rite,
    I saw satan laughing with delight
    The day the music died

    He was singing,
    “bye-bye, miss american pie.”
    Drove my chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    Them good old boys were drinkin? whiskey and rye
    And singin?, “this?ll be the day that I die.
    “this?ll be the day that I die.”

    I met a girl who sang the blues
    And I asked her for some happy news,
    But she just smiled and turned away.
    I went down to the sacred store
    Where I?d heard the music years before,
    But the man there said the music wouldn?t play.

    And in the streets: the children screamed,
    The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
    But not a word was spoken;
    The church bells all were broken.
    And the three men I admire most:
    The father, son, and the holy ghost,
    They caught the last train for the coast
    The day the music died.

    And they were singing,
    “bye-bye, miss american pie.”
    Drove my chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    And them good old boys were drinkin? whiskey and rye
    Singin?, “this?ll be the day that I die.
    “this?ll be the day that I die.”

    They were singing,
    “bye-bye, miss american pie.”
    Drove my chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    Them good old boys were drinkin? whiskey and rye
    Singin?, “this?ll be the day that I die.”

    #139601

    whitney houstan……. just heard this one on the radio lol and it reminded me how much i like it…..

    I know that when you look at me
    Theres so much that you just dont see
    But if you would only take the time
    I know in my heart youd find
    A girl whos scared sometimes
    Who isnt always strong
    Cant you see the hurt in me?
    I feel so all alone

    I wanna run to you (oooh)
    I wanna run to you (oooh)
    Wont you hold me in your arms
    And keep me safe from harm
    I wanna run to you (oooh)
    But if I come to you (oooh)
    Tell me, will you stay or will you run away

    Each day, each day I play the role
    Of someone always in control
    But at night I come home and turn the key
    Theres nobody there, no one cares for me
    Whats the sense of trying hard to find your dreams
    Without someone to share it with
    Tell me what does it mean?

    (chorus)

    I need you here
    I need you here to wipe away my tears
    To kiss away my fears
    If you only knew how much…

    (chorus)

    #325482

    @forumhostpb wrote:

    Well I guess … looking back on it … it was a bit of an inappropriate use of resources – but things were far more relaxed and less “PC” then and the scope for practical jokes was enormous.

    My own initiation was the ‘body in the bin’ scam. A tailor’s dummy was put into a skip which was in a dark spooky alleyway in the back streets of Chiswick. I was sent on patrol and directed by radio to the alleyway to investigate the presence of a ‘body’ that was reported to be there.

    I went to the alleyway, somewhat apprehensively, and searched around with my torch – I looked inside the skip (as you do), realised it was a tailor’s dummy, and thought no more about it. No body … no ‘murder’ ….clearly a mistaken report from a member of the public.

    When I got back to the nick, I reported that nothing was amiss and all was quiet. No murders … no bodies in the streets – only a dummy in a skip…. no call for Police action.

    Moments later one of the CID officers came rushing into the nick with this enormous great ‘bloodstained’ butcher’s knife in his hand and demanded to know which idiot Officer had patrolled past a body in a skip that had been murdered and dumped there and failed to report it. Instructed that the entire night duty Divisional CID team was called out to start a major murder enquiry….. area to be cordoned off and so on.

    I went into a major panic and thought OMG – now I’m in for it, …. couldn’t tell a murder scene from a dumped tailor’s dummy – major disciplinary enquiry with me on the sharp end of it etc etc.

    The bastards let me panic for over an hour before they let me off the hook, to great amusement all round

    now we know where you got your wierd sense of humour from ay lol :wink:

    #325245

    andrew the 13 year old boy wow!!!!!!!! bless his heart……. and as for the contortionist lol @ piers morgan asking her if she had a boyfriend pmsl ……

    #323308

    Words aren’t able to speak of love
    like a smile in a whisper does
    Words aren’t able to speak of love
    like a smile in a whisper does

    lovely words ………

    #192444

    @toybulldog wrote:

    Fly Fishing by J.R.Hartley

    Incredible story that changed my life. It starts off as a rollicking read that takes you through his many adventures, such as surviving the arctic wilderness, nazi death camps, being acclaimed a god in Limboto; also his influence both in the civil rights and enviromental movements, and being falsely accused of murder. Eastern thought permeates every chapter and it will alter the way you look at yourself and others.

    The ending moved me to tears. He was so sad going back to the ‘old knarled tree’ to soothe his wounds, and I learned that fly fishing will never be more important than finding happiness with another human being. Basically he should never have left Edith.

    to many e numbers agin toy? :roll: :wink:

    #112256

    @sharongooner wrote:

    @*Sian wrote:

    I am a person that says it how she sees it, I can’t be any other way, I normally steer clear of sensitive people, :) I do their heads in, which isn’t what i set out to do.. :? :lol: Brash..

    yer a big squishy softy inside aintya lol xx :lol:

    lol sian yer ok hunnie , this place jsut give us sometimes a place to sound off which is what i woz doin xxxxxxxxxxx

Viewing 10 posts - 2,221 through 2,230 (of 5,272 total)