Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 249 total)
  • Author

Geez… the ding dong on the tannoy at the Olympics is exactly the same sound as our gate bell… I’ve been up an down like a good un! :?

Well at least I’ll be fit by the end of the games :D

@mrs_teapot wrote:

Geez… the ding dong on the tannoy at the Olympics is exactly the same sound as our gate bell… I’ve been up an down like a good un! :?

I would have to change the door bell chime.

I actually binned our door bell because it used to ring on its own. Something nearby was triggering it.

I liked not having a door bell but my dad installed a new one whilst we were on holiday, wrongly thinking we wanted one!

@panda12 wrote:

@mrs_teapot wrote:

I actually binned our door bell because it used to ring on its own. Something nearby was triggering it.

I liked not having a door bell but my dad installed a new one whilst we were on holiday, wrongly thinking we wanted one!

I can understand that… actually this bell is on the gate…only have to go to the kitchen as monitor and intercom is there …we dont have a door bell… but folks could not get to the door unless they get through the gates… so I have to check every time the ding dong goes :cry:

it might be a rogue cow mrs t on the scrounge

@rogue trader wrote:

it might be a rogue cow mrs t on the scrounge

Its no-one Cosy…. its that Olympic ding dong :D

Getting used to it now :D

its better than those vuzuluvas at the last world cup in s.africa grrrr, they were a real head boiler.

@mrs_teapot wrote:

@panda12 wrote:

@mrs_teapot wrote:

I can understand that… actually this bell is on the gate…only have to go to the kitchen as monitor and intercom is there …we dont have a door bell… but folks could not get to the door unless they get through the gates… so I have to check every time the ding dong goes :cry:

*Wonders if Teapot’s security gated mansion is as luxurious as Panda Palace…

@panda12 wrote:

@mrs_teapot wrote:

@panda12 wrote:

@mrs_teapot wrote:

*Wonders if Teapot’s security gated mansion is as luxurious as Panda Palace…

Ha Ha…. I doubt it Panda… I live in a barn :D

My son sent me this link…. so funny :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18983558

A Guide for Olympic visitors
    worth a gander if you have time :D if not this is a excert from it on nationality…. made me laugh

The English are British and lots of people think the British are English but that annoys the Scottish and Welsh because although some think they’re British and some think they aren’t and some think they are but don’t want to be, they all agree that they definitely are not English.

The Irish mostly think they are Irish, apart from the ones who are Northern Irish. Some say that makes them British and Irish. But others disagree and say they should just be Irish and then some say they aren’t British either but part of the United Kingdom.

People from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland can all play cricket for England because they’re British as can those from Ireland even though they aren’t British. So can South Africans. The English play football for England unless they aren’t that good when they might try to play for Ireland.

Those from the Isle of Wight are English, from Anglesey are Welsh and the Orkneys are Scottish, but although that means they aren’t from the island of Great Britain they’re still British. The Channel Islanders depend on the crown which is what the Queen wears but they aren’t in the UK and those from the Isle of Man are the same, apart from their cats. :D

ive seen mrs t and pandas properties through hi powered binoculars (not that im nosy like)
    and my view is (sic) mrs t prop gives lovely idyllic scenes of the dales, where as pandas gives you the post office tower and that new tower, so i suppose its up to the individual. city versus country ?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 249 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!